YOU ARE HERE: HOME>>GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS
"It’s a great Mistake, I think, to put children off with falsehoods and nonsense, when their growing
powers of observation and discrimination excite in them a desire to know about things."
Guidelines For Parents
- Parents are expected to co-operate with the school authorities in enforcing punctuality, regularity, personal cleanliness and discipline by seeing that their children prepare their lessons and by taking an active and helpful interest in the activities of the school.
- Parents are particularly expected to sign the progress report and any other similar documents or report made in the School Calendar by the teacher.Failure to do so may put thier children to great inconvenience.
- Parents/guardians or other persons are not allowed to see the pupils during school hours or interview the teachers, while they are engaged in teaching. The staff should be seen preferably in their off periods, with the permission of the Principal. An appointment with a member of the staff should be arranged in advance by writing in the parents feedback page.
- Parents and guardians must ensure that their children are properly turned out, punctual and are in possession of school calender and P. T kit etc.
- Residence, office or request telephone number of parents must be written on the relevant page in pupil's particulars, and on the identity card of the student.
- Parents cannot dictate terms to the School/College authorities. The School authorities have a right to decide the conditions on which they will admit and retain pupils in the school.
- Parents are requested to check School Calender daily, see the pages assigned for parent teacher communication and put their signature.
- Any communication in School Calender must be sent in an envelope with the child's name, class and roll number clearly mentioned on it.
- Read school circulars, notes remarks, and evaluation reports by the teachers carefully and Acknowledge whenever required.
- Communication to the teacher on any matter of concern with regard to the feedback that you receive from the child, may help the child gain confidence.
- All items of uniform and other belongings must be neatly labelled or have identification marks.
- Encourage your ward to be careful about his\her belongings.
- Valuable articles or money should not be brought to the School.
- Absenteeism to be firmly discouraged.
- Teachers of Dastur Schools/College are not allowed to accept request for private tutions.
- Encourage your child to do his work independently as far as possible without impairing his/her initiative in any way.
- Student must be aided by the family in acquiring fluency in English. Conversation in English at home will help tremendously.
- Encourage your child to take interest in co curricular activities and sports.
- Any changes address or telephone number must be intimated to the school office at the earliest in writing.
- Make sure the child returns the library books in time, failing which a fine will be charged.
- Motivate your child to maintain proper code of conduct. Any misbehaviour or indiscipline may lead to serious disciplinary action.